Personality of Sultan ul Ashiqeen
Grandeur of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen in the Light of Quran & Hadith
The unprecedented and marvelous personality of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen cannot be described in words as there aren’t any words matching to his grandeur. Only Allah can describe the splendor of His beloveds. The amazing personality of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen is the true reflection of the following verses of Quran and Hadiths;
- His special attribute – Piety and virtuosity (Taqwa).
اِنَّ اَکْرَمَکُمْ عِنْدَ اللّٰہِ اَتْقَکُمْ
Meaning: The noblest amongst you near Allah is the one who is the most pious. (Al-Hujrat 13)
- His spiritual self- The mirror of Divine Truth.
المومن مراۃ الرحمن
Meaning: The faithful is the mirror of Rehman (the most Beneficent).
- His physical self – All Divine light
نُوْرٌ عَلٰی نُوْرٍ ط یَھْدِی اللّٰہ لِنُوْرِہٖ مَنْ یَّشَآ ئُ
Meaning: Light upon light. Allah guides towards His light whom He wills. (Al-Noor-35)
- His inward – The Throne of Allah.
قَلْبُ الْمُؤْمِنِ عَرْشَ اللّٰہِ تَعَالٰی
Meaning: The inward of a faithful is the Throne of Allah.
- His sacred existence – Exactly according to the Qudsi Hadith;
- “When My slave seeks My closeness through excessive prayers and devotion (a stage of closenesss comes when) I become his ears with which he hears, his eyes with which he sees, his hands with which he holds and his feet with which he walks.” (Sahi Bukhari)
- His status – Exactly complies with the following Hadiths;
- “There are some people among the servants of Allah who are neither Prophets nor martyrs but the Prophets and martyrs will envy them on the Day of Ressurection for their rank near Allah.”
- “This is the attribute of the Saints that blessings are found in their speech, their breath, their clothes, their houses and even in the dirt of their feet and at the place where they sit for a day.”(Minhajul Abideen)
- His deeds – Only for Allah
قُلْ اِنَّ صَلَاتِیْ وَنُسْکِیْ وَمَحْیَایَ وَمَمَاتِیْ لِلّٰہِ رَبِّ الْعٰلِمِیْنَ
Meaning: Say, “Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah only, the Lord of the worlds.” (Al-Inam 162)
- His station – The station of لی مع اللّٰہ (where there is no one between Allah and His beloved)
- His glory – According to the verse: کُلَّ یَوْمٍ ھُوَ فِیْ شَاْنٍ meaning: “Everyday His glory manifests a new”. (Al-Rehman-29)
- His way – Love conquers the world.
- His principle – Perpetual work with perfect certainty.
- His teaching – Only Allah! Everything other than Allah is lust.
- His invocation – The king of invocations ھُو “Hoo”.
- His way of invocation– Complying with the verse;
وَاذْکُرْرَّبَّکَ فِیْ نَفْسِکَ تَضَرُّعًا وَّ خِیْفَۃً وَّ دُوْنَ الْجَھْرِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْاٰصَالِ وَلَا تَکُنْ مِّنَ الْغٰفِلِیْنَ
Meaning: And invoke your Holy Lord’s personal name with your breath, submissively and secretly and in low tones, morning and evening and be not among the neglectful. (Al-A’raf-205)
- His morals – Just in accordance with the Hadith تَخَلَّقُوْا بِاَخْلَاقِ اللَّہ Meaning: “Be attributed with Allah’s morals.”
- His preaching – Complies with the following verses;
فَفِرُّوْآ اِلَی اللّٰہ
Meaning: Run towards Allah. (Al-Zariyat-50)
فَلَا تَتَّبِعِ الْھَوٰی فَیُضِلَّکَ عَنْ سَبِیْلِ اللّٰہِ
Meaning: And do not follow your desire (as) it shall turn you away from Allah’s path. (Sad-26)